Chicago Union Closed Tryout - March 27, 2021
*EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATES IN ANY AUDL TEAM'S TRYOUT MUST COMPLETE A PHYSICAL AND HAVE A PHYSICIAN SIGN THE AUDL GENERAL MEDICAL CLEARANCE FORM*
All players that participate in the tryout must have a physical completed and submit a signed AUDL General Medical Clearance form by March 21. For anyone that does not currently have a primary care physician or cannot schedule an appointment in time for the tryout, our Team Physician will be providing a clinic day on Saturday, March 20th (the charge is $30 per person at check-in, regardless of insurance).
March 27, 9am-12pm or 1:30pm - 4:30pm
TBA on Monday, March 22
If you cannot attend the March 27th tryout date but would still like to try out for the team, please email ChicagoUnionCaptains@gmail.com with a brief description of your circumstances by March 14th to be considered for the team.
- The tryout will be CANCELLED if 7-day moving average positivity rates in Cook County (Region 11) are not below 10% on March 20, or if they increase above 10% on any day after March 20 leading up to the tryout. We are tracking Cook County positivity rates using the IDPH data found here: https://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=11
- ONLY Illinois residents may register at this time. If you do not live in Illinois but would like to be considered for the 2021 roster, please send an email to ChicagoUnionCaptains@gmail.com for more information.
- Upon arrival at the tryout, all participants must have their temperature checked, complete a Health Screening Survey, and submit a COVID Symptom Screening questionnaire. All this will be checked by tryout staff at the entry gate before entering the facility.
- Upon arrival at the tryout, all participants will be given a Chicago Union neckie. The Union neckie (or surgical mask or equivalent) must be worn anytime the participant is resting between drills and is within 6 feet of another player.
- All drill instructions and huddles will be socially distanced. Players will be reminded to keep 6 feet of distance between other players on sidelines at all times.
- Standard ultimate drills will be modified to allow for more distancing between players whenever possible. All stall counts will be made from the sideline.
If you or anyone you have regular contact with has an underlying health condition that puts you/them at higher risk of serious consequence, we ask that you use extreme caution (self isolate before and after the tryout) or not participate.
Bring white and dark jerseys, base layers for warmth, cleats, and plenty of water. The tryout location will be sent by email on March 22nd to players that have registered. It will be an outdoor facility in Chicago.
Check in onsite the day of the tryout at least minutes before your allotted session (8:30am or 1pm). Your temperature will be taken, you'll hand in your physician waiver, and complete the screening questionnaires. You may begin warming up, then all players will be taken through a socially distanced warmup beginning at the session start time.